OK, so first I should explain that my dad is a guitarist, and I play drums with him. We sometimes do classical music and sometimes rock and/or folk.
Anyway, we went to this open mike tonight, planning to play a few songs. There were a bunch of people signed up before us, so we got some apple juice, found a table, and watched other people perform for about an hour and a half, or 2 hours. A LONG TIME. Everyone sucked.
The band that played before us consisted of 2 guys, a guitarist and a drummer. The guitarist thinks he's really cool, but I find him quite comical. He always (ALWAYS) wears these beat-up red converse sneakers which are about 5 sizes too big for him. You can tell because there's a LOT of empty space in the toe, and they turn up at the front and kind of look like those red shoes clowns traditionally wear. I have to wonder how he keeps from tripping over the front of his shoes...the drummer isn't bad, but he isn't all that good either. Anyway, they played their 5 songs (which all sounded the same, and weren't very good), and then they left. Their friends left with them....and then there was NOBODY in the place, because everyone else was outside. This really annoys me. They all just hang around outside and then come in when it's their turn to perform. It's like they can't be bothered to listen to anyone else, and then they wonder why no one's inside when they're performing. My dad and I listened to people playing bad music for 2 hours, and NONE of them would listen to us. We ended up leaving without playing anything, cause it was just so pathetic. UGH........I just had to rant about that, sorry...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment