Sunday, August 15, 2010

Time passes like a football player on steroids.

Time, my oldest friend...
I think you age faster than I do
You slyly slip by, you're three
when I'm still two.
Your years get ahead of me,
minutes sneak past
into infinite nothingness,
but the memory of what has been.
Another moment, vanished into the abyss
of time already gone
which can never be recovered...
but another moment never fails to come,
replacing it's predecessor...
And it is gone before I've realized it's there.
Time, my greatest enemy...
I long for days that are lost,
moments I can never visit.
You dangle these over my head,
in the form of memories,
nothing more than records of of old times
never to be forgotten, never relived.
Time, you trick me, slipping a year out from under my feet,
your soft tongue teasing,
as, once again, I find myself wondering how another year passed.

Kay, I know this sucks. This is the first draft, I just typed it in here exactly how it is, just cause I wanted to write something......what can I say, practice makes perfect...x] And I don't know if I should keep this title or not. Hmm...

2 comments:

  1. O.O That's good. I've tried like, songwriting a few times, and some poetry...well, let's just say I'd never really want to share most of it on my blog. :P This is pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! But not really, haha. You should post your songs and poems anyway, then you can maybe get some criticism on them, and people can tell you what they think. By the way, I lost the game.

    ReplyDelete